Frequently Asked Questions

Following Q&A will teach you everything you wanted to know about batteries and how to optimize the usage.

This should be avoided at any time. When the battery has been in a washing machine, it is no longer fit to use. Please dispose of this battery.
In case of skin contact there is a chance of chemical burns. Use clear tepid water for at least 15 minutes exposed skin. Consult a physician in case of irritation, injury or pain. In case of contact with the eye, do not rub the eyes, but flush with clear tepid water for at least 30 minutes.
There can be several reasons why the appliance doesn't work. The battery can be wrongly inserted in the battery compartment, there can be a bad connection between the battery and the compartment connection terminal or it is possible the appliance does not work properly.
Batteries are chemical products which internally undergo certain chemical processes over time. Due to this process some batteries slightly discharge during storage.
The electrical capacity of different types or batches can differ. If such different batteries are used the difference in electrical capacity will grow during usage which could eventually cause one of the batteries to over discharge, leak and even explode.
When it comes to frequently used remotes or appliances, the batteries are quite fast changed after the appliance or remote stopped working, because it is easy noticeable. However if the appliance or remote is not that often used, there is a risk of over discharge and leakage in that appliance. 
Due to chemical reactions inside most batteries, the stored charge of the batteries is reduced little by little.
A battery is a chemical product which produces electricity by chemical reactions at its inside. These reactions and its inside materials do deteriorate over time.
In case of skin, eye contact with alkaline solution or electrolyte from zinc carbon battery: irrigate exposed skin with clear tepid water for at least 15 minutes, if irritation, injury or pain persists, contact a physician. If there is contact with the eye, do not rub the eyes, but flush the eyes with clear tepid water for at least 15 min.

Pages