Is it okay for my child to play with batteries?

No. Batteries should solely be used to power devices. They may be omnipresent in our lives, but they are still made up of chemicals that can potentially harm the environment if they’re handled incorrectly. If a child happens to swallow a battery, please consult a medical professional immediately. Avoid drinking and eating until a doctor has given a proper diagnosis. Do not attempt to forcibly vomit as this could cause the battery to get stuck in the throat, leading to suffocation.

Watch this movie about safe use of button cells for more tips on child safety in batteries:

How helpful was this answer for you?
Thank you for your support.