What should I do when a child has ingested a coin battery?

If anyone, a child especially, has ingested a battery, immediately bring them to your nearest emergency room. If possible, take the battery packaging with you.

Avoid drinking or eating anything before a medical professional has sufficiently diagnosed the problem. Read our blog on child safety for more information.

Also watch this movie about safe use of button cells for more tips on child safety in batteries:

How helpful was this answer for you?
Loading...
Thank you for your support.