What should I do when I’ve swallowed a battery?

If anyone, a child especially, has ingested a battery, immediately bring them to your nearest emergency room. If possible, take the battery packaging with you. Avoid drinking or eating anything before a medical professional has sufficiently diagnosed the problem. Do not try to force vomiting as this could lead to burns to your ingestive tract or cause suffocation. Read our blog on child safety for more information.

How helpful was this answer for you?
Thank you for your support.