The leaked electrolyte is a strong substance which may cause blindness or strong burning sensations if the liquid makes contact with the eyes or body and is not properly removed.
Therefore it is necessary to immediately take appropriate treatment measures to avoid those risks.
If any leakage touches the eyes or skin, make sure you rinse your eyes or skin with plenty of water and contact your doctor immediately.
If any leakage makes contact with clothes or any kind of furniture, make sure you clean them thoroughly.
A battery which is leaking or has leaked before is not fit for use and should be thrown away. Place the batteries into a plastic bag, without touching the batteries, and then put it into a recycling box at an electrical store.