There can be several reasons why your appliance doesn't work. Assuming the device itself still works properly, causes may be:
1. Insufficient or no contact between the battery and the terminal:
- The size of rechargeable batteries may differ from those of alkaline batteries. This is why appliances, which are generally designed to match the characteristics of alkaline batteries, could have some difficulty in fitting the batteries in. If this is the case, it is recommended to use an alkaline battery.
- Dirt or leakage residue on the terminal.
2. Something is wrong with the batteries themselves:
- A battery is completely discharged.
- One of the batteries has degenerated or is completely dead and therefore no longer fit to use.