In recent years, coin batteries have become increasingly popular in home devices. Unfortunately, this means the risk of ingestion has also increased - especially when children or babies unknowingly play with those devices.
If a coin battery is swallowed, there is a high risk of suffocation. Therefore, coin batteries have a low voltage (1.5 V) and a diameter less than 12 mm to prevent any serious accident. Also, packaging has been designed specifically to prevent accidental ingestion. Panasonic coin batteries are thus relatively safe and serious accidents are very uncommon.